- Put together your wants-and-needs list.
- Plot out your course by geographic locations.
- Keep an extension cord in the car to test electronics, appliances, etc.
- Carry a magnifying glass.
- Carry a tape measure.
- Wear your money on you instead of bringing a purse.
- Go with smaller bills and change to make it easy.
- Have a list of measurements of items needed or spaces in home.
- If you don't have a tape measure, keep in mind a $1 bill is six inches long.
When you agree to buy an item and you have to leave and come back, take a drawer or cushion from the item with you and leave a deposit so someone cannot buy the item from under you.
Find cheap treasures at yard sales
Yard sales, garage sales, flea markets offer affordable shopping
POSTED: 1:23 PM May 16 2011 UPDATED: 10:38 AM Mar 20 2013
Copyright 2010, Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.