ROCHESTER, N.Y. - The National Toy Hall of Fame announced the finalists for this year's induction.
The 12 finalists for 2017 are: Clue, Magic 8 Ball, Wiffle Ball, Transformers, Uno, sand, paper airplanes, PEZ dispensers, play food, Matchbox Cars, My Little Pony and Risk.
According to a news release, The Strong's National Toy Hall of Fame recognizes toys that have delighted multiple generations of people. Criteria for induction include: icon status, longevity, discovery and innovation.
Anyone can nominate a toy for induction.
Sixty-three toys have been inducted into the hall so far. Some previous inductees include: Mr. Potato Head, Slinky, Tonka Trucks, G.I. Joe and several others.
The finalists, picked by a national advisory committee, will be announced on Nov. 9. A public celebration will be held Nov. 11-12.
- Updated California wildfires: Governor offers grim outlook
- Updated Oklahoma's Mayfield wins Heisman Trophy
- Updated 'Time is of the essence,' UN official says after North Korea visit
- Shasta High School defeats Marin Catholic, heads to State Championship
- Woman killed in overnight single-vehicle crash on I-5