A 16-year old boy fell to his death from some bluffs in Redding overlooking the Sacramento River Saturday night.
Redding Police said they responded to the call around 9 p.m. at the end of Palisades Drive.
Palisades Drive is off Hilltop Drive and overlooks the Sundial Bridge.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office as well as a CHP helicopter assisted in the incident.
Police said once the boy's body was located an officer performed CPR but he ended up dying.
The teenager's name is not being released at this time.
An autopsy is set to be conducted on Tuesday.
- Updated Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Global trade at slowest pace in 7 years
- Updated Remembering Aaliyah 15 years after her death
- Updated Redding man sentenced for distribution of child pornography
- Updated Usher hopes movie will lead to more about historic African Americans