REDDING, Calif. - An 18-year-old man died Friday morning after he was hit by two cars in Redding.
The victim has been identified by the Shasta County Coroner's Office as Justin Alexander Schjoth.
The accident happened around 6:30 a.m. Friday at Victor Avenue and Conifer Way off Hartnell Avenue in South Redding.
Police Officials said the man was hit twice within seconds of one another. The first driver who hit the man was turning left from Conifer onto southbound Victor and struck the man.
According to witnesses, after the man was hit ,he was on his knees in the middle of the road yelling for help when he was struck again by another car.
He was transported to Mercy Medical Center but did not survive.
The street was closed for a few hours. The investigation is still ongoing.
The victim was taken to the hospital, but authorities later confirmed he had died from his injuries.
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight
- Worried about companies spying on your browsing? Here's what you can do