REDDING, Calif. - Talk about a heavy duty crime. A 300 lb. piece of artwork has been stolen out of a Redding woman's front yard.
It happened early Saturday morning on Parkview Dr. Elin Klaseen said she didn't get a chance to see the suspects' faces or their license plates but she describes the car involved as a muscle car.
The artwork involved was a decorative mosaic sphere. Neighbors on Parkview Drive have similar spheres in front of their yards and they are shocked that someone tried so hard to steal it.
"It's just a shame you can't leave things out I guess anymore, and that was into the ground hard," said Parkview resident Sandy Johnson. "Somebody really had to work at it."
The estimated value of the sphere is around $2,500. Klaseen said she will offer an award for any information.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Howard Dean under fire for alleging Trump cocaine use at debate
- Updated Muslim woman to appear in Playboy in a hijab
- Updated Why you should be careful searching for Amy Schumer
- Updated Two arrested after they park a stolen vehicle near a police officer