REDDING, Calif. - A Redding man wanted for an outstanding felony burglary warrant was arrested during a two-day operation to hunt down information about metal thefts.
37-year old Kevin Scott West was booked at Shasta County Jail on $20,000 bail.
He was just one of many caught during a two-day operation the Redding Police Department headed to learn information about metal thefts; copper in particular.
Property crime investigators and motorcycle officers from the traffic unit teamed up to perform high-visibility patrols in recycling center areas.
The patrols were focused in the area of Viking Way and Abernathy Road, and Girvan Road and Highway 273.
Vehicles, pedestrians, and bicyclists were all stopped for a number of reasons.
One person was questioned by a financial crimes investigator about a recent check fraud case.
That case has been sent to the Shasta County District Attorney's office for review.
Five people were searched because of various probation and parole conditions.
Eleven vehicles were towed, and 82 tickets were issued.
Anyone with information about the theft of recyclable materials is asked to contact the Redding Police Department.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- New Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated A Red Bluff man is in the hospital with West Nile
- Updated Cameras along Chico State bike path installed to crack down on crime