VINA, Calif. - An 87-year-old man died after an ATV accident on Labor Day in Tehama County.
The CHP said the victim died several hours after an accident on the 5000 block of Leininger Road near Vina. The collision happened just before 6 p.m. Monday.
According to a news release from the CHP, Robert Hamilton, 87 of Trinity Center was a passenger on a Polaris off-road vehicle. The driver, 71-year-old Jerry Hamilton of San Jose, failed to notice another Polaris in front of them had stopped.
The driver swerved, throwing Robert Hamilton from the vehicle. He suffered major injuries and died at the hospital Tuesday at approximately 2:30 a.m.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- Updated 1 out of 5 firefighters have PTSD
- Lack of phone service leads to struggles for Weitchpec Fire
- Updated 6.2 quake hits Italy; buildings collapse in Amatrice
- Updated Red Bluff Joint Union High School District puts $26 million bond on ballot