REDDING, Calif. - A City of Shasta Lake man has been arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, crashing his car and then running from the scene.
Redding police said the collision happened about 8:30 p.m. Friday on Hilltop Drive in front of Logan's Roadhouse restaurant. According to officers, 23-year-old Morgan Lee George was driving north on Hilltop Drive when he lost control of his car and it went over the curb in front of the restaurant. The car hit some chairs and narrowly missed four people standing on the sidewalk before landing on its side. Officers say he ran from the collision and was caught a short distance away in the 1900 block of Churn Creek Road.
George was been booked into the Shasta County Jail for DUI and leaving the scene of an accident.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- Updated Chico State student says she was the victim of excessive force by police
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'