ANDERSON, Calif. - The two victims in Tuesday morning's fatal fire in Anderson have been identified.
The Shasta County Coroner's Office said the victims are 56-year-old Ted Riley and his mother, 88-year-old Claudia Riley.
Fire crews responded to a house fire on the 3300 block of Thomas Avenue in Anderson just after 6:00 a.m. Tuesday.
Anderson Police said Claudia's body had been there for several days and was decomposing. Officers also found Ted with a gunshot wound to his head and a handgun nearby.
The two victims were found lying in their beds in separate bedrooms. The man was found with a gun in his hand.
Fire investigators believe the flames were initially started with a gas accelerant found in the home, near the back of the house away from those bedrooms.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Sheriff's office: Report of shooting at SC elementary school
- Updated OPEC agrees to cut production; oil prices surge
- Updated Eric Trump praises dad's 'courage' in not bringing up Bill Clinton's infidelities
- Updated Street re-opened after gas leak in Chico