ANDERSON, Calif. - Since 1995 , Anderson has held a fireworks on July 3. The fireworks show used to be funded by the Anderson Chamber of Commerce but unfortunately they weren't able to fund it any longer. Which is why the Anderson community took the matter into their own hands.
The Anderson Rotary club along with Community For Anderson Explodes will be
holding a tri-tip sandwich sale Friday, May 2. The meat will be donated by Kents Meats, and the bread and condiments will be donated by Wal-Mart.
The tri-tip sandwiches will be cooked at the Wal-Mart parking lot for eight dollars each. If you buy five or more and live in Anderson , they will deliver the sandwiches to you. If you live in Redding, ten or more will get you the delivery.
"It's a long cherished event that happens in the city," said Baron Browning, President of Community For Anderson Explodes. "There's a parade the third of July morning, the event starts at four o'clock in the afternoon, people come to the park this year more than ever its gonna be a community event."
If you buy a sandwich you get a free ticket to Shasta Speedway for Saturday, May 3.
For more information you can visit www.communityforandersonexplodes.com or visit their facebook page: Community For Anderson Explodes.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Local student places 4th in weightlifting at world competition
- Updated Redding mayor accentuates the positives in annual address
- Updated Former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres dead at 93
- New law protects good Samaritans saving animals from locked car