The Tehama County Sheriff's Office arrested 19-year-old Poly Duenas Sanchez Thursday on charges of murder.
Sanchez is accused of shooting and killing Walter Dewayne Dani, 24, of Red Bluff. Sanchez was identified as the primary suspect after an initial investigation. He was located and arrested around 8:00 a.m. Thursday morning and booked into the Tehama County jail.
According to Sheriff's officials Dani was shot in the head around 10:00 p.m. in front of the Cross Roads Market on Gyle Road at Highway 99W. Investigators said the victim was most likely by a shotgun but that no murder weapon had been recovered.
Investigators said both men have a history of gang activity, specifically with the Nortenos street gang, but that the shooting stemmed from a debt and was not gang related.
The Tehama County Sheriff's Office is still looking for two more individuals connected to the case and they are asking anyone with information to contact them at 530-529-7900
- Updated Thursday, June 29th Forecast: Warming trend continues into the weekend
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Updated Communities evacuated as wildfires torch 2 states
- Local heroes honored during centennial celebration
- New Redding ordinance makes it easier to cite trespassers