REDDING, Calif. - The Redding Fire Department responded to reports of smoke showing from the lower level of the AT&T building on Pine Street Friday just before noon.
The four story building in Downtown Redding was billowing smoke as crews arrived on scene. Firefighters on scene called the smoke "toxic", saying a transformer was on fire creating the noxious fumes.
Firefighters also reported having a safety alert for the building, advising against using water in the structure. Officials are waiting for power to be turned off to the building so they can use water in their effort to control the flames.
Officials have closed Placer Street at the intersection of Pine.
This fire comes in the wake of another Downtown building catching fire Thursday on Oregon Street.
Crews are currently working to control the fire.
Please refresh this page for updates.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says