CHICO, Calif. - Authorities released the name of a woman who was found dead in Chico's Bidwell Park Thursday. The Butte County Coroner's Office identified the woman who died as Diana Surak, 56, of Chico.
Part of Lower Bidwell park was closed for several hours Thursday morning after the body was discovered by a passerby around 8:30 a.m.
The body was found in an area of the park known for transient camps.
Police said a woman walking along the bike path Thursday morning discovered the body near Big Chico Creek and called authorities. The bike path is near Mangrove Avenue and connects the park to the downtown area.
An autopsy will determine Surak's cause of death. Chico Police said Thursday they did not suspect foul play.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Scared seal hides on boat from killer whales
- Non-profit organization Food for People continues programs to feed children year-around
- Calfire determines cause of Tully Fire