RED BLUFF, Calif. - A man convicted of stabbing and killing his brother was sentenced today in Tehama County. The judge gave Troy Matheson seven years in prison for a voluntary manslaughter conviction.
The death of Ronnie Matheson happened last year during a Matheson family celebration in Shasta County. When they got home in Red Bluff, Ronnie got mad at his younger brother Troy for making a mess, leading Troy Matheson to stab his brother with a knife.
The 34-year-old Ronnie later died in the hospital.
The defense attempted to convince the judge to get probation for Matheson but the court ruled that Matheson will spend a total of seven years in prison with an additional three years of probation after that.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer