REDDING, Calif. - Workers at Caterpillar tractor dealerships across the Northstate walked out on strike Friday.
Workers at Peterson-Cat on Caterpillar Road in Redding were picketing throughout the day.
The strike affected a total of 240 employees at seven Peterson-Cat locations, including Redding, Chico, Willows, Santa Rosa, San Leandro and Fortuna.
The workers are represented by Operating Engineers Local 3.
The local contract expired at the end of September.
The company's human resource director said they made an offer yesterday, but the union announced it would strike through the weekend and come back on Tuesday.
The union representative said there is more than just one issue of contention, but overall their only goal is a fair contract.
- Updated Worried about companies spying on your browsing? Here's what you can do
- Mayo maker says it is no longer being probed by SEC, DOJ
- Federal judge sides with Trump administration in travel ban case
- BREAKING: Officer-involved shooting on I-5 in Cottonwood
- UCLA freshman Lonzo Ball declares for NBA draft after tourney loss