CHICO, Calif. - The Butte County Air Quality Management District is asking residents of Chico and Gridley to voluntarily refrain from using their woodstoves and fireplaces on
Monday, December 16. The voluntary curtailment has been prompted by an air quality forecast of unhealthy for sensitive groups for the Chico and Gridley
Woodstove and fireplace use within the Chico city limits is restricted by a city ordinance. For more
information, contact the City of Chico at 896-7800.
Residential chimney smoke is a major source of wintertime air pollution in Butte County. The microscopic
particles in smoke have been linked to serious health injury.
To check air conditions before you light a fire, call the Check the Check Before You Light (CBYL) Hotline: at 332-9409 or toll free at 855-332-9409.
- Updated Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Global trade at slowest pace in 7 years
- Updated Remembering Aaliyah 15 years after her death
- Updated Redding man sentenced for distribution of child pornography
- Updated Usher hopes movie will lead to more about historic African Americans