CHICO, Calif. - High school girls who are in need of prom dresses and accessories but may lack the resources got a special opportunity to get all they need for free Sunday on the Chico State campus.
Cinderella's Closet, as it's called, has been put on by the Chico State Student California Teachers Association for 10 years now.
The event in the Bell Memorial Union was attended by dozens of girls looking for the perfect dress to wear on prom night.
They were offered the chance to browse dozens of dresses, shoes and other accessories, all handed out for free.
"This is really incredible," says Oziel Nassif, a student at Inspire School of the Arts in Chico. "I actually brought a few dresses from home so that I could trade in because I didn't use them. But I found some really great dresses so that was a really great opportunity here."
Chico State student volunteers were on hand to help the girls find a dress that fit them just right.
Gathering the dresses has been a huge effort with student organizations, faculty and staff, and community members all pitching in.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney