CHICO, Calif. - The Chico State men's basketball team is making history. Monday night they play in the championship of the west regional. A win for the Wildcats and they will advance to the elite eight of the Division II NCAA tournament.
The fourth-seeded Chico State will play against seventh-seeded Cal-State Stanislaus.
Monday's regional championship game is at 7 p.m. at Cal State San Bernardino. This is the first time Chico State has ever made it this far in March Madness. A win would send Chico State to Evansville, Indiana in the round of eight.
Chico State upset the west regional's top seed Cal-State San Bernardino Saturday night.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Republicans outraged over reported delay of Clinton meeting schedules
- Rescuing the furry victims of Louisiana's flooding
- MTV VMAs 2016: 5 reasons to watch
- Redding Fire reminds people to register cell phones for emergency notifications