CHICO, Calif. - Recent layoffs at a Chico company suggest the tech bubble might not be as strong as first reported.
Chico's newest tech company, Milestone Technologies, held its second job fair just last month to bring a total of 500 jobs to a new call center near the Chico Airport.
Their recent hires made them the second largest private employer in Butte County after Enloe Medical Center.
Tuesday it was learned that Milestone is laying off an undisclosed number of employees.
KRCR spoke to Milestone CEO Prem Chand on the phone, he told us forecasts from a client just didn't pan out, so they're realigning and cutting jobs for now.
He added that the round of layoffs have been difficult because of his initial excitement at the opportunity to grow in Butte County -- of which Chand is a native.
He also says they hope they can go back to adding jobs in the future.
And we've also received reports that Build.com is laying off some of its employees.
A call to their Chico office Tuesday was not returned.
- Suspect identified in Modoc deputy killing
- Updated 'El Chapo' extradition to US clears another legal hurdle
- Updated Hopkins honored with moment of silence by Butte College law enforcement recruits
- New Weather Forecast: Slightly Cooler but still Dry
- Updated Rodrigo Duterte flummoxes US with call for 'separation'