CHICO, Calif. - Chico welcomed its first baby of the New Year early Wednesday. Brayden Michael Lara was born at 1:44 a.m. at Enloe Medical Center to parents Jennifer and Shawn Lara.
Brayden apparently wanted to wait until the New Year to make a grand entrance into the world. Jennifer was in labor for 43 hours before the baby was finally born.
He weighed in at 6 pounds 14 ounces, measuring 21 inches.
This is the couple's first child. Jennifer works as a nurse in Oroville. Shawn is in the farming business.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Local student places 4th in weightlifting at world competition
- Updated Redding mayor accentuates the positives in annual address
- Updated Former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres dead at 93
- New law protects good Samaritans saving animals from locked car