CHICO, Calif. - Chico welcomed its first baby of the New Year early Wednesday. Brayden Michael Lara was born at 1:44 a.m. at Enloe Medical Center to parents Jennifer and Shawn Lara.
Brayden apparently wanted to wait until the New Year to make a grand entrance into the world. Jennifer was in labor for 43 hours before the baby was finally born.
He weighed in at 6 pounds 14 ounces, measuring 21 inches.
This is the couple's first child. Jennifer works as a nurse in Oroville. Shawn is in the farming business.
- Updated 5 things learned from Trump's 100-day interview
- Updated Emmanuel Macron vows to avoid 'mistake Hillary Clinton made'
- Updated GOP's health care push tests Democratic resistance
- Updated U.K. growth falls to just 0.3%. Is more pain on the way?
- Friday, April 28th Forecast: Warmer and drier conditions going into the weekend