REDDING, Calif. - A motorcyclist was critically injured Sunday night, after colliding with a minivan in Redding.
The crash happened at 7:40 p.m. Sunday at Oasis Road and Woggon Lane on Redding's north side.
According to a news release from the CHP, the motorcyclist, 57-year-old Benard Pennock of Redding, was eastbound on Oasis Road on a KTM motorcycle.
The driver of the minivan, 53-year-old Yolanda Lopez of Redding, was northbound on Woggon Lane in a Chrysler minivan and stopped at the intersection. She apparently failed to see Pennock's motorcycle approaching from her left.
Lopez entered Oasis Road, directly into the path of Pennock's motorcycle. The cycle broadsided the minivan. As of Monday morning, Pennock was listed in critical condition at Mercy Medical Center.
- Updated 5 things learned from Trump's 100-day interview
- Updated Emmanuel Macron vows to avoid 'mistake Hillary Clinton made'
- Updated GOP's health care push tests Democratic resistance
- Updated U.K. growth falls to just 0.3%. Is more pain on the way?
- Friday, April 28th Forecast: Warmer and drier conditions going into the weekend