On Tuesday night the Redding City Council voted to move forward with the possibility of relocating the Redding Police Department to City Hall.
This is the initial stage of the project. They will now go ahead with a $40,000.00 study to see if the design and move is feasible. The proposal is to move the police administration, investigation and records into the Redding Electric Utility office which is in City Hall. The patrol and evidence buildings would be put in the dirt lot outside of City Hall.
It passed three to one in favor, Vice Mayor Rick Bosetti was not at the meeting. Councilmember Patrick Jones voted against it saying he didn't want to kick REU out.
- Suspect identified in Modoc deputy killing
- Updated Trump's advice in 2007 book: 'Accept blame' for 'painful defeats'
- Updated Can Trump, Clinton put aside acrimony at charity dinner?
- Updated About 70 million watch final presidential debate
- McCain to Trump: 'A concession isn't just an exercise in graciousness - it is an act of respect'