BIGGS, Calif. - The community of Biggs gathered to support a toddler suffering with a major health problem.
A silent auction fundraiser was held Friday at Biggs Elementary School for 2-year-old Parker Browning.
He suffers from Cortical Dysplasia Type 2 causing him to have seizures.
Parker showed signs of being tired and irritable in August and started having noticeable seizure clusters.
Supporters bid on items Friday night to help support Parker's medical bills and trips to Oakland and Sacramento for his treatment.
"Its way bigger than we ever thought," said Paul Browning, Parker's father. "We can't even express our gratitude for the town of Biggs and all over Butte County for everybody coming."
Doctors are planning to do surgery on Parker this month to stop him from having seizures.
- Updated Thursday, June 29th Forecast: Warming trend continues into the weekend
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Updated Communities evacuated as wildfires torch 2 states
- Local heroes honored during centennial celebration
- New Redding ordinance makes it easier to cite trespassers