CHICO, Calif. - The Butte County Coroner's Office has identified the man who died in a fire at the Villa Serena apartment complex in Chico Friday afternoon. The man has been identified as 31-year-old Mark Dixon of Chico.
The fire started around 3 p.m. at the apartment in the 2300 block of Floral Avenue in Chico. When fire crews arrived, the apartment was fully involved. Firefighters extinguished the fire and found his body inside.
The Butte County Coroner's Office said they won't know the cause of Dixon's death for 4 to 6 weeks.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney