SACRAMENTO, Calif. - (AP) - A key part of California's online marketplace to shop for health insurance has been offline since it began malfunctioning Wednesday.
The exchange, known as Covered California, issued a news release Thursday saying the enrollment function on its website, www.coveredca.com , was taken offline Wednesday afternoon to address what it described as a software malfunction.
It said repair work was going on around the clock and that engineers hoped to restore functionality by Friday morning.
Earlier this week, Covered California reported that 829,000 people had signed up for individual policies through the first two weeks of February and that another 877,000 applicants were determined to be likely eligible for coverage through Medicaid.
- Updated Biden aims to reassure Turks of US support after failed coup
- Updated How should you talk to loved ones about their weight?
- Updated Oil billionaire: Trump didn't 'understand' simple fracking question
- Updated Thousands of fish die in Yellowstone River
- Inside the big banks' plan for new digital cash