CHICO, Calif. - Chico Police are looking for a suspect who stole $3,000 from the Beacon Gas Station on Fair Street Wednesday at approximately 10:00 p.m.
"We'll get to the bottom of it, " said Rock Ghoman, the business's owner.
Without accusing anyone directly, Ghoman wondered out loud about the actions of his own employee, the clerk who was manning the register.
"When my employee called 911, he mentioned that the robber had a gun," said Ghoman. "But when looking at the [surveillance] video I didn't see a gun."
Ghoman also wondered why it took the clerk so long to call 911. He says a few minutes passed between the time he was robbed until the time the clerk called for help.
Ghoman also believes the clerk turned over more money than needed. Underneath the top tray of the cash register is a bottom tray with money that is kept hidden. But according to Ghoman the clerk lifted the tray and gave the robber everything.
"The robber didn't say anything and the employee didn't have to give him everything and that's what I'm trying to figure out," said Ghoman
Chico Police will study the surveillance video and they said that an investigation is underway.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says