FRESNO, Calif. - A Fresno police officer has been arrested on suspicion of raping a woman while she was unconscious.
William Wyatt was arrested on Tuesday. The alleged victim used to be a police officer in Reedley.
Authorities say Wyatt drank with the woman at a northwest Fresno bar in August 2010 before assaulting her.
She allegedly told investigators she was too drunk to consent and did not remember having sex with Wyatt. Authorities say she learned she had been assaulted after nude photos of her surfaced on Wyatt's computer.
The 34-year-old Wyatt has been on paid administrative leave since January.
Marshall Hodgkins, Wyatt's attorney, says his client denies the charges. According to Hodgkins, Wyatt surrendered when the arrest warrant was issued and has since bailed out of jail.
- Suspect identified in Modoc deputy killing
- Updated Trump's advice in 2007 book: 'Accept blame' for 'painful defeats'
- Updated Can Trump, Clinton put aside acrimony at charity dinner?
- Updated About 70 million watch final presidential debate
- McCain to Trump: 'A concession isn't just an exercise in graciousness - it is an act of respect'