REDDING, Calif. - Early Thursday morning Redding police officers responded to reports of an accident on Hilltop Drive near the I-5 overpass where a man had drove off the road and down an embankment continuing across the northbound lanes of I-5 and striking the median.
Police say the driver was Jesse Hatch, 58, of Anderson and that he was under the influence of drugs.
Following the accident Hatch was transported to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Hatch was arrested for DUI and was later released for further medical treatment.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash.
- Defective Takata air bag blamed for 11th death
- Updated Clinton, Trump get the Weird Al auto-tune treatment
- Updated Xtra Point Week Eight: Shasta, Pleasant Valley victorious in rivalry games
- Updated Facebook to allow graphic posts if deemed 'newsworthy'
- Updated White powder at Clinton campaign HQ tests negative