DAY, Calif. - Mandatory evacuations have been issued for the Lookout area due to the Day Fire.
As of Saturday morning, the fire had grown to 12,500 acres and was 15 percent contained.
The fire has moved over the hill and is threatening the Lookout Big Valley Ranchettes. The fire is in mixed brush with heavy timber. There is a continued threat of thunderstorms with numerous lightning strikes and erratic winds.
The fire is threatening 150 structures
An evacuation center has been opened at Adin Community Center located at 609 South Main St., Adin, Calif.
It started Wednesday afternoon from a lightning strike.
You can call 233-4416 for more information about the fire and evacuations.
For highway closure information call Caltrans at 1-800-427-7623.
- Defective Takata air bag blamed for 11th death
- Updated Clinton, Trump get the Weird Al auto-tune treatment
- Updated Xtra Point Week Eight: Shasta, Pleasant Valley victorious in rivalry games
- Updated Facebook to allow graphic posts if deemed 'newsworthy'
- NYPD investigates white powder at Clinton campaign HQ