ETNA, Calif. - Shortly before noon on Sunday the Siskiyou County Sheriff?s Office received a call of a missing 57-year old man who went hiking near Etna Summit and never returned home.
Spense Palmer and his dog were dropped off Saturday late morning by his son at the Etna Summit. He was going to hike along the Pacific Crest Trail down to Kidder Creek.
Palmer told his son he would be home around 5PM on Saturday but never made it. The lost hiker is an experienced outdoorsman and is reportedly in good health, although because of the short duration of the hike, he did not take extra supplies with him.
The Siskiyou County Sheriff?s Search and Rescue Team, Fort Jones Fire Department, CHP helicopter, and the California Oregon Regional Search and Rescue Team are all participating in the widespread search.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Siskiyou County Sheriff?s Office dispatch at (530) 841-2900.
- Updated Evacuations ordered due to fire burning in Hawkinsville and Yreka
- Updated Soaring costs of EpiPens have victims of allergies worried
- Updated Orlando hospitals won't bill survivors of Pulse nightclub shooting
- Updated 12 killed in Kabul university attack
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer hits the streets