RED BLUFF, Calif. - A Tehama County deputy was sent to the hospital Wednesday morning after crashing his patrol car into a home in Red Bluff.
It happened at 2:41 a.m. at 60 Sherman Drive, just off Antelope Boulevard.
The CHP said the deputy lost control and ran up into the front yard of the home, crashing into some brick planting boxes.
The collision left the patrol car with a flat left front tire.
The deputy complained of back pain and was taken by ambulance to St. Elizabeth hospital.
The deputy's name was not released. The deputy did not give CHP officers a reason for losing control of the vehicle.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Chico State Black faculty and staff stay home to bring attention to "continued injustices"
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus