REDDING, Calif. - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office is asking the public for information about an early morning shooting in Redding.
Deputies were called to the 1600 block of Woggon Lane, off Oasis Road on the city's northwest side at 2:39 a.m. Thursday. A resident reported a man was near his home, claiming he'd been shot.
Upon arrival, deputies located a man who suffered at least two gunshot wounds. The man would not provide deputies with information other than he was shot at the home where he was found.
The man was transported via ambulance to Mercy Medical Center in Redding for treatment. Authorities did not release information about the man's medical condition.
Deputies checked the residence and found no one was home. Deputies did find evidence of a shooting inside the home. Detectives from the Major Crimes Unit were contacted and took over the investigation.
Detectives are asking if anybody has information regarding this shooting to contact them at (530)245-6135 or (530)245-6025.
Stay with KRCR News Channel 7 for updates.
- Updated 5 things learned from Trump's 100-day interview
- Updated Emmanuel Macron vows to avoid 'mistake Hillary Clinton made'
- Updated GOP's health care push tests Democratic resistance
- Updated U.K. growth falls to just 0.3%. Is more pain on the way?
- Friday, April 28th Forecast: Warmer and drier conditions going into the weekend