A truck crash and diesel spill could slow traffic on Highway 299 west of Redding for several days.
The crash happened along Grass Valley Creek near Buckhorn Summit around 4 a.m. Thursday.
A big rig loaded with asphalt crashed, careening 150 feet off the road into a ravine. At least 100 gallons of diesel have spilled into the creek.
As of 8 a.m. the road was open, but lanes could be closing within a few hours. That closure could last for several days.
Fish and wildlife has been notified.
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated US: Airstrikes hit ISIS in area where civilian deaths are alleged
- Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight