Firefighters were on scene for several hours, putting out a house fire in Anderson early Wednesday. The call came in at midnight for a fire in the 6000 block of Curtis Lane, off Dersch Road on Anderson's north side.
Downed power lines created problems for the firefighters. They had to wait until PG&E crews arrived before they could completely contain the fire.
The home was abandoned, and neighbors reported transients lived there. No one was inside at the time of the fire.
Firefighters from several agencies responded including crews from CALFIRE, Shasta County, Cottonwood, Anderson and Redding.
- Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Police: Bank robbed, suspect still on the loose
- Updated Charles Koch frets about America turning to politicians in dark times
- Updated FBI turns over thousands of Clinton documents to State
- Weather Forecast: Slight Relief from the Heat, Wildfire Concerns Remain