CORNING, Calif. - Some customers lost power in Corning Friday morning after a big rig hit a power pole.
It happened at 8:07 a.m. near Olive and River Roads. The pole was knocked down across Olive Road.
PG&E said about 300 customers originally lost power. Within two hours crews restored power to all but 14 customers. Those final customers are expected to be without service until about 3 p.m.
Nearby Richfield Elementary School sent students home and cancelled classes because of the power outage.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida