CORNING, Calif. - Some customers lost power in Corning Friday morning after a big rig hit a power pole.
It happened at 8:07 a.m. near Olive and River Roads. The pole was knocked down across Olive Road.
PG&E said about 300 customers originally lost power. Within two hours crews restored power to all but 14 customers. Those final customers are expected to be without service until about 3 p.m.
Nearby Richfield Elementary School sent students home and cancelled classes because of the power outage.
- Updated Campaign manager points to 'undercover Trump vote' in polling gap
- Updated Maternal deaths down globally, up in US
- Updated Flight delayed over bizarre crew member tiff
- Updated Closest potentially habitable planet to our solar system found
- Updated LA Lakers sign No. 2 pick Brandon Ingram, vet Yi Jianlian