OROVILLE, Calif. - A Siskiyou County man was killed in a rollover crash on Highway 70 Thursday night in Butte County
The CHP said 22-year-old Aaron Murray of Montague was killed in the crash at 9:15 p.m. just south of Oroville.
According to the CHP, Murray was driving southbound in a 1995 Chevy S-10 pickup on Highway 70 near Ophir Road, when he tried to pass another car. His pickup clipped the Kia Sorento he was passing and went out of control. The pickup went down an embankment and rolled over several times.
Murray was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger, 22 year old Dustin Harper of Siskiyou County had minor injuries. The CHP said both were wearing seatbelts.
The Sorento was driven by 47-year-old Rachelle Channel of Marysville. Neither she nor passenger Steve Channel, 61, were injured.
Investigators say alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is encouraged to contact the Oroville CHP at (530) 538-2700.
- Updated Thursday, June 29th Forecast: Warming trend continues into the weekend
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Updated Communities evacuated as wildfires torch 2 states
- Local heroes honored during centennial celebration
- New Redding ordinance makes it easier to cite trespassers