CHICO, Calif. - Over the past five months, Soroptimist International of Chico has received over 600 bras for women who have been victims of sex trafficking in Africa.
The bras will go to Mozambique where women can sell the bras in their community.
The project called "Free the Girls" started about five weeks ago and was the brainchild of one of the club members. The goal is to help 80,000 women in Mozambique become self-sufficient.
"Selling second-hand clothing is highly profitable," Soroptimist member Kim Huber said.
The bras will be sent to Mozambique later this month along with cash donations.
If you would like to donate, contact Soroptimist International of Chico by going to their website.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response
- NBA superstar Dwyane Wade's cousin killed in Chicago crossfire
- Republicans outraged over reported delay of Clinton meeting schedules