REDDING,Calif - Students at Grant Elementary School celebrated Red Ribbon Week a little differently this year. Each day of the week, they dressed up as something different. On Thursday, it was "Fake an Injury" day.
Many walked around with broken arms and legs. One student, Gabrielle Agarrado, got really creative and had a dog sown to her shorts, as if the dog was attacking her.
Students said it was more than just fun and games.
"Drugs are bad and drugs are illegal and you need to spread prevention," said Jeremy Evans.
Gabrielle Agarrado agreed, "Because you prevent drugs because you can die from them if you take too much."
- Ford pays millions in harassment settlement
- Public weighs in on Whiskeytown National Rec Area fee increases
- Redding brothers set to open Fratelli's on California Street downtown
- Chinook salmon fishing on Humboldt's rivers banned this year
- Enter upcoming art contest for Fish and Wildlife upland game bird stamp