COTTONWOOD, Calif. - The fire is out, but the damage has been done to two mobile homes in Cottonwood and now the family is trying to figure out what comes next.
The frame of the home is still standing, but everything inside is charred and a complete loss.
No people were hurt, but a dog and cat are missing and presumed dead and the fire caused about $80,000 in damage.
The official cause of the fire is still under investigation, but neighbors reported seeing juveniles playing with lighters and small explosions as the fire started.
In all the sadness, there are some silver linings – three kittens were saved as the house was engulfed and the home owner's son's fish were still alive in their tank after the fire was put out.
- Evacuations ordered due to fire burning in Hawkinsville and Yreka
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved
- Updated Is this the world's most innovative restaurant?
- Updated Trump campaign manager: 'Nothing has changed' on immigration