RED BLUFF, Calif. - Kids in Red Bluff will be able to keep cool for the rest of summer vacation. The McGlynn Pool had been slated to close July 19, but thanks to a donation, the pool will stay open another month.
The city council accepted the donation from Chris and Karra Crowely. The Crowley's donation of $13,500 will keep the pool open through August 16.
City Manager Rick Crabtree said "the city is very grateful for this generous contribution from the Crowley family. This donation will allow McGlynn Pool to stay open until children return to school."
The McGlynn Pool will be open Monday through Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. through August 16.
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated US: Airstrikes hit ISIS in area where civilian deaths are alleged
- Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight