REDDING, Calif. - A deputy-involved shooting that left a man dead is under investigation in Shasta County.
The incident started with a report of a suicidal subject on the 20000 block of Fig Tree Lane southeast of Redding at about 8:05 Thursday night.
Redding Police lieutenant Jeff Wallace says two deputies from the Shasta County Sheriff's Office arrived at the home and heard gunshots. A short time later there was reportedly a confrontation between the man and the deputies. The man was shot and killed. The deputies were not injured.
Wallace says the man who was shot was the only person in the home at the time.
A person living in the area reported hearing several gunshots at about 9:30 p.m.
The Redding Police Department is handling the investigation.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- 1 out of 5 firefighters have PTSD
- Lack of phone service leads to struggles for Weitchpec Fire
- Updated 6.2 quake hits Italy; buildings collapse in Amatrice
- Updated Red Bluff Joint Union High School District puts $26 million bond on ballot