CHICO, Calif. - A 40-year-old Chico woman is facing felony hit and run charges for driving into a woman walking on the sidewalk.
At 9:54 a.m. Wed., Chico Police were sent to the Regency Inn on the Esplanade in Chico.
Officers suddenly heard what sounded like something being hit, and saw a woman lying on the ground in the parking lot of the American Inn across the street.
One officer claimed to have seen a Chrysler Sebring.
After talking to witnesses, officers learned the victim was walking north on the west sidewalk of the Esplanade.
A vehicle, described by witnesses as a black sedan with a tan top, had been traveling southbound in the number two lane of the Esplanade.
The vehicle drifted west, drove onto the sidewalk and struck the woman.
The victim was taken to the hospital with cuts, bruises and chipped teeth.
Police found the vehicle, a maroon Chrysler Sebring, at 500. W. East Ave. There they arrested the driver, Monica Sue Schneider, for felony hit and run and booked her into Butte County Jail.
It does not appear that drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.
- Updated Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Global trade at slowest pace in 7 years
- Updated Remembering Aaliyah 15 years after her death
- Updated Redding man sentenced for distribution of child pornography
- Updated Usher hopes movie will lead to more about historic African Americans