REDDING, Calif. - A family in the City of Shasta Lake was able to escape safely when a fire started in their garage Thursday night.
The fire broke out at about 9:00 p.m. at a home on the 3100 block of Dartford Drive.
Firefighters arrived to find the garage fully engulfed and the blaze quickly spread to the attic. There were several propane tanks in the garage and neighbors reported hearing several loud pops.
Family members were able to save one of the two vehicles inside the garage but the other was destroyed.
No injuries were reported.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response
- NBA superstar Dwyane Wade's cousin killed in Chicago crossfire
- Republicans outraged over reported delay of Clinton meeting schedules