REDDING, Calif. - A family in the City of Shasta Lake was able to escape safely when a fire started in their garage Thursday night.
The fire broke out at about 9:00 p.m. at a home on the 3100 block of Dartford Drive.
Firefighters arrived to find the garage fully engulfed and the blaze quickly spread to the attic. There were several propane tanks in the garage and neighbors reported hearing several loud pops.
Family members were able to save one of the two vehicles inside the garage but the other was destroyed.
No injuries were reported.
- Updated Flood Advisory
- The splashes, struggles and splendor of the 2017 Kinetic Grand Championship
- Family of driver who died in fiery Willits crash thanks Good Samaritan
- Memorial Day ceremony at Igo Veterans Cemetery attracts large crowd
- Multiple agencies battle structure fire on Pine Street in Oroville