REDDING, Calif. - Redding firefighters along with CAL FIRE put their best foot forward Friday.
They are asking the community to 'Fill The Boot' and raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. About 20 firefighters got together, some holding signs, others a boot, in front of Mt. Shasta Mall.
"It's important to be out here to raise money together for our community to support our community as a whole," said Matt Houston, a Redding firefighter.
"This is one of our biggest annually, last year we collected almost $8,000 and sent nearly 10 kids to camp," said firefighter Jon Houston.
All the money collected goes to the Muscular Dystrophy Association, which has partnered with firefighters for more than 50 years.
Since 2008, CAL FIRE has collected more than 1.9 million dollars.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Stranded mariners saved after writing 'SOS' in the sand
- Yellowstone National Park worker falls to death
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour