TUOLUMNE, Calif. - With no estimated containment date and 2,846 people fighting it, the Rim fire is one of the most destructive fires in California's history.
Two strike teams from Redding were also sent to fight the Rim fire. Cullen Kreider, the battalion chief 3 in Redding is a strike team leader on the fire.
Now, Governor Jerry Brown is headed toward Yosemite National Park on Monday to join state and federal fire and emergency officials at the Rim Fire.
The Governor will be briefed by emergency and fire personnel and meet with first responders at the base camp in Tuolumne.
Twenty-three structures have been destroyed and 4,500 structures are still threatened by the fire.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney