REDDING, Calif. - Grocery Outlet in Redding added another way for people to help with KRCR's Stuff the Bus toy drive.
Not only are they a barrel location, but they are also accepting cash donations at the register.
The store owner will even match those donations up to a $1,000, doubling the value.
Once the store closes on Thursday that amount will be tallied and employees will shop till they drop down the toy isle.
Store Owner Ron Davis said, "The thought of any kid not waking up Christmas morning and able to open any toys. It's kind of sad so we're just trying to do what we can to help out and hopefully every kid gets a toy this year."
All those toys will be brought to KRCR's live Stuff the Bus event on Friday at Crown Motors in Redding. Another event will also take place at the Chico Mall the same day.
Every toy is passed to the Salvation Army for their annual Christmas toy distribution event, helping kids in need throughout the Northstate.
For a full list of drop off locations click here.
- Updated US Navy aircraft with 11 crashes off Okinawa
- Updated Disney's John Lasseter takes leave of absence, apologizes for unwanted gestures
- Updated Missing Arizona man's car found in Trinity Co.
- Fish waste spills onto Eureka roads, traffic delayed
- Eureka police searching for suspect who robbed man at knife-point