REDDING, Calif. - A recount in the Redding City Council race begins Tuesday.
Challenger Gary Cadd edged out incumbent Dick Dickerson by just 11 votes for the second of two seats up for grabs on the council.
A bi-partisan group of business leaders and organizations filed an official request for a hand recount of all ballots.
The recount will not cost the city or the county money. The group who filed for the recount will be responsible to pay the cost which could surpass $10,000.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says