PALERMO, Calif. - A home invasion suspect has died after being shot by a homeowner in Butte County.
It happened around 2:00 p.m. Tuesday at 6934 Upper Palermo Road, in Palermo.
Deputies responded and learned that a homeowner had shot an intruder in the house. A suspect vehicle was seen leaving the area in a silver newer model Mercedes SUV.
The suspect who was shot in the house was transported to a local hospital where he later died. The motive for the attempted robbery appears to be marijuana related.
"This appears to be a home invasion robbery motivated by someone who wanted to steal marijuana from someone living in the house defended themselves with a fire arm and the suspect succumb to those injuries," said Butte County Undersheriff Kory Honea.
The deceased suspect has not yet been identified. The silver Mercedes SUV is still outstanding at this time and was driven by white female adult.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Butte County Sheriff's Felony Investigations Unit at 530-538-7671.
- Evacuations ordered due to fire burning in Hawkinsville and Yreka
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved
- Updated Is this the world's most innovative restaurant?
- Updated Trump campaign manager: 'Nothing has changed' on immigration