REDDING, Calif. - A woman was arrested after police say she trespassed and then tried to stab the homeowner several times with an ice pick.
It happened at 12:10 a.m. in the 600 block of Loma Street in Redding.
A 27-year old transient Britnee Kemp, allegedly attacked 67-year old Leon Devoid after he tried to stop her from smashing the window of his home.
Police said it started when Kemp knocked on the door of Devoid's home. He said he didn't know Kemp, and told her to leave the property. Kemp became aggressive and tore down Devoid's address sign in his front yard.
A short time later, police said Kemp tried to throw a concrete brick through the window. Devoid went outside to stop her, and she allegedly tried to stab him with an ice pick and threatened to kill him.
Devoid forced her to the ground and she reportedly bit him in the chest area.
Kemp was arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail for assault with a deadly weapon, criminal threats, and battery.
- Suspect identified in Modoc deputy killing
- Updated 'El Chapo' extradition to US clears another legal hurdle
- Updated Hopkins honored with moment of silence by Butte College law enforcement recruits
- New Weather Forecast: Slightly Cooler but still Dry
- Updated Rodrigo Duterte flummoxes US with call for 'separation'