REDDING, Calif. - A Redding house sustained $30,000 in damage due to combustibles being left too close to a heater Sunday evening.
Redding Fire Crews were called to a home on the 2500 block of Bunker Street near the intersection of East Cypress Avenue around 10:15 p.m. Firefighters contained the blaze in 15 minutes. There is smoke damage to the front of the home in the living room and kitchen.
The people living in the home woke up to the smell of smoke and there was reportedly no smoke detector. Two adults, one teen and a dog were in the house during the fire. No one was injured and Red Cross was called to assist the displaced people.